Flu recovery......

Posted by admin on 1/10/11

Today Djamel has recovered enough to return to school. Although he's still on the 'weak' side and has little appetite I felt that getting back into a routine would be the best thing for him....at least the cough has now subsided enough for him to get a decent nights sleep!

Sarah is much better although still stuck with the awful cough - and at least I've been able to see her over the past few days instead of her being stuck in bed at mum and dad's.
So far, mum and dad have both managed to avoid it.

My brother is apparently quite unwell still - along with his two boys. They've all struggled with the cough mainly and as we all know, when you can't sleep you can't recover properly. I'm hopeful they'll all be on the mend shortly. Get well soon Eddie & boys xx

Sarah and Manolis will be going back home to Greece on Wednesday. She's been here since the end of November now so I can't be sad that she's leaving - although I am - and we're hoping to be able to get over to them in the summer this year.

It's been lovely to have some time with her and she's been so helpful to both me and Rab whilst she's been here.
Rab obviously had to go back to work just after I was released from hospital so for the first week Leanne and James took time off work to look after me and things at home...
Then the following week Sarah arrived in the UK. She was coming over daily, sorting out lunch/dinner, ironing and doing housework for us - and keeping me company, coming to hospital appointments with me, listening to my various moans and groans and encouraging me that it WILL all start to get better, bit by bit.

I'm so grateful for the time I've had with her (especially that they were both here for Christmas) and although I will miss her so much it's time for her to go home now and get on with her own life again.

Rab's still doing most stuff at home - ironing, cleaning, changing beds etc as I still can't do anything much physically demanding - but I've started to do bits and pieces now that would have been impossible just a month ago...I'm very grateful for all the help we've had since this started - couldn't have got to this stage of the game without the support of my family and friends.
Thank you all :-) xxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...