Signs of....

Posted by admin on 9/30/09

???Fall??? OK, so the "signs" I "speak of" are not so blatant as this multicolored dying but beautiful leaf. In fact, the "signs" I "speak of" are not even plural...it is actually a singular "sign," if you want to be so specific about it. It is something simple. Something small. But immensely pleasurable (ok may be exaggerating here) and exciting! It is the way the bottom of my feet felt when they touched the cold hardwood floor this morning! Yep, the slippers got abandoned at some point along the way, probably when I went to get the boiling water off the stove for coffee, and my feet sensed something exciting in the temperature of the floor. Something familar...yet evocative of distant memories. Fall! Fall! Fall! Fall! A cold floor can be so exciting!

Fall is such a creative time for me. The cooler temperatures are calming yet invigorating to me. They are on their way! This is very exciting. Now...if I could only wake up... :) :) :)
Wow...I can't believe it was nearly a year ago that I did the ten-day Vippassana meditation in Georgia! That's right...it was in October. Toward the end of October. We walked toward our breakfast in the dark of the morning.....it was practically freezing on some of those days. Raining even sometimes.
I am excited about my future. Last night I looked into some housing possibilities for FSU. There are a group of apartments called "Alumni Village" for graduate students that look pretty cool and are affordable. I'm going to call today and see if they will have any openings...
My life is going to be so good!
Not that it is not acceptable or even good right now....it is just....things are going to be better!
I am going to be better! I am going to move on from this cancer experience and it will just be a strange memory. As well as an experience that "didn't kill me, but made me stronger."
Thank you God, that every day, in every way, I am better and better.
(Well....it feels sort of artificial to say that, because, lets face it, in some ways I am not exactly doing better and better....BUT that is kind of what affirmations are supposed to be....things that if you say them enough, they BECOME true..., right?) :) :) :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...