
Well it's really early/late right now but I spent almost two hours trying to fall asleep so I am taking a break from that. My plan was to get up early tomorrow because I have a mental list of things I need/want to do. These pics are from this past Wednesday night. We were in Jacksonville. We got a lot done and had fun. I also was able to see a few friends that I haven't seen in a long time. Some of that was pre-planned, but much of it was not. The great thing about St. Augustine is that everywhere I go, I seem to run into friends. It is a small town. There are nice things about that, especially when visiting. I have other pics but I can't get them right now because I left the power cord to my computer in St. Augustine. Maybe I will upload a couple others sometime. I had a CT scan on Friday, just to follow up. If everything looks good (i.e., no tumor growth or other strangeness), I will soon be scheduling an appointment to have my port removed. I have been in remission for over a year now, which is great.
One of the things I did this weekend was have photos taken for the Folio Weekly, a local journal/magazine. An article should be coming out a week from this Tuesday. I am excited about that. It will be fun to see what they come up with. A friend and fellow musician is writing it, Danny Kelly. I sang a song in the studio with his band Happy Hour, about ten years ago! That is also how I know the other friend who I got to see this weekend, who is in town for a week after spending months in Saudi Arabia teaching English!
It really was a fun weekend. I think Yasar had fun too. We also hung out with my mom and Steve. We had a great dinner at Yamato and then went to the San Sebastian Winery.
I drove home (to Tallahassee) most of the way. I was so exhausted this morning that I wanted to keep sleeping in. A couple of Yasar's friends came over to watch the England Germany World Cup game. I slept through the whole thing but I did dream that I had come out here to watch it with them in an England shirt that Y gave me, and that David Beckham was called in from the side to play in the game. I also dreamt that one of Y's friends was a guy named Anastasia. And he started to play the guitar part to Joni Mitchell's song "California" and I started to sing it. Which reminded me, in real life, that I know that song, because I had totally forgotten about it.
I drove home (to Tallahassee) most of the way. I was so exhausted this morning that I wanted to keep sleeping in. A couple of Yasar's friends came over to watch the England Germany World Cup game. I slept through the whole thing but I did dream that I had come out here to watch it with them in an England shirt that Y gave me, and that David Beckham was called in from the side to play in the game. I also dreamt that one of Y's friends was a guy named Anastasia. And he started to play the guitar part to Joni Mitchell's song "California" and I started to sing it. Which reminded me, in real life, that I know that song, because I had totally forgotten about it.
Anyway, that is more for the dream blog really. It is called "You May Say I'm a Dreamer" and I have started writing it, but I haven't figured out how to attach it to this page. I will look at it soon and figure it out.
There are so many things I want to do!
Tomorrow, I will begin again.
What a gift!
I have some sad news. Jerry, who worked with my dad at FSDB just passed away today of brain cancer. He was very nice and also very sarcastic. But very nice. When I went through chemo he gave me a CD mix of songs that helped him through his first battle with a brain tumor. (It was initally a benign tumor but then showed up again years later, cancerous, I believe). It is sad because he was a pretty young guy with a beautiful family. He is not suffering anymore though and that is good. I definitely have his family in my heart and prayers.