Improvements..........:-))))

Posted by admin on 7/14/10

Well it's now a week since I met with Dr L and he agreed no more Radiotherapy treatment due to the burns.

One week on I can now say that there is a great improvement, the external skin is healing and I've not taken any oral morphine since Sunday now.
Any internal burns are going to take a bit longer yet I think, still feels quite sore BUT definitely not unbearably sore like before.
I do think that possibly some damage been caused to my bladder - hopefully it's only temporary - as I have noticed that I'm having to get up regularly during the night (between 1.5 to 2 hrs maximum) to go to the loo...I'm hoping that it's a temporary problem, again due to the Radiotherapy and not permanent damage.
I'm still using the morphine and Nu-gel mixture on the skin as this has definitely helped with the healing process.

I'm tired but not as much as whilst the treatment was going on....if I could get a decent nights sleep I'd probably be a lot less tired! But I've been catching up during the day with an hour here and there when I've needed to.

James and Leanne are away in Ibiza at the moment - Stuart and Jodie are getting married out there this week so hopefully they're having a great time.

Mum and Dad are coming over for dinner this afternoon as Dj finishes school early today (2pm) due to Parents Evening.

Our Parents Evening appointment is tomorrow, we've already received his school report for the year which is (of course, as usual) excellent :-))
Tomorrow we should get his 'SAT's' results (it was 'pretend' SAT's this year in that they were marked internally by the school and not sent off for government data purposes).
I think he should have done pretty well - I'm expecting high Level 4's in English and Maths with secure Level 5 in Science....let's see if I'm right.

His reading level has gone through the roof, last time he was assessed he was at Level 5a which is brilliant (those who know Dj will remember how much he struggled with the whole reading process initially and how much things have changed over the past couple of years)
He's currently reading the 'Warhammer series, Imperial Guard Omnibus' - I thought it might have been a bit difficult for him but he's got into it really quickly...:-)

I always really wanted him to love reading, I used to read loads as a child/teenager and wanted him to have the chance to appreciate books - and he does, so much so that I'm now constantly nagging him at night that it's late and he needs to stop reading (how things change eh) :-)

So, to sum up....I'm coping OK at the moment, sorting things out for the end of term and beginning of the new term in the new school - life is pretty much as it should be and just waiting for the next stages now (scans on the 10th - meeting with surgeon on 25th).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...