July is Flying By

Posted by admin on 7/19/10

Well I have been very productive today so I am now being a little bit lazy, lounging on the couch. The major task that I completed today was officially moving out of my Sweet Bay apartment and cleaning it. I moved myself out of my apartment all by myself. I had until the end of this month, so I just went every so often when I felt like it and took it apart a bit at a time. It took me three visits, I think. The fact that it was a furnished apartment made the moving in and out not really that big of a project. I felt a little bit sentimental leaving that place today, I guess, although I am glad that I am getting out of there. I guess moving out reminded me of moving in, which was a big step, the beginning of my life post-cancer in a whole new town. I am very pleased with the way things are unfolding, though, and glad to be moving along in a positive direction.

I am wow...tired! Let's see, what else, I guess I've lost a bit of weight. People have been commenting on my weight rather often lately. Of course this is supposed to be a "good," thing, but the thing I know is that weight loss is a cancer symptom, so I don't necessarily like hearing that I have lost weight. But my lifestyle has changed quite a bit. I am ALOT more active than I was during treatment and in the months right afterward. I am off of Prednisone, a medicine which causes weight gain. I also drink significantly less than I used to. I think I also have less of an appetite these days, as well. I hardly ever eat at night and rarely have sweets. So it makes sense that I have lost weight. I guess I didn't realize it would be so easy!

I am still completing work for one summer class. It is "Arts in Medicine," the class for which I volunteer at the hosptial. It is going very well.

I haven't gotten my port out yet because it has not worked out with my schedule. I will probably have it removed in August, after my class is complete.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...