Hello all,
Time to shut down definitely for the summer and have a break from cancer...this has been my whole life for the past 2 years...From the getting up in the night every hour and being exhausted because a big tumour was pressing on my bladder to the diagnosis on 11.12.10 to the confirmation on Christmas Eve.
Two things:
1. I went back to work on Monday initially for a couple of hours a day - it already feels like I have never been away, thanks Richard!
2. I had cancer and now I don't, my CEA Blood results are back with a level of 1.1 (0 to 2.5 are the normal range). Any higher they can tell there is a recurrence of the bowel cancer. Next step is the full CT scan in October 2010 so time to live a bit until then! Personally I feel better than I have for a long, long time, even better than before due to my diet and my mental state.
This has been the worst 8 months of my life and to quote Shents (another beautiful ex cancer patient) it has also been the best 8 months of my life.
I have read horrendous and sad stories on the cancer chat forum http://www.cancerchat.org.uk/ about people being deserted by friends, family and God but I can say here and now that not one deserted me...
Who do I give special mentions to..there are too many and for fear that I may leave someone out...you know who you are...if you read this or get it by email you know who you are!
Actually there is one special mention, a person actually who I could not have done this without...Fran x
Thank-you all - I could not have done it without you!
Much Love and God bless
Tony x
Home »Unlabelled » Day 236 Weds 04/08/10 - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!