Wait a Minute...(I mean)...Way Diminished

Posted by admin on 2/9/10

Okay, those interchangable phrases came up during theory homework. Working on triads here....in order to figure out the correct chords, one must know the intervals, which are occasionally, in my words, "way diminished"...but there is really no such thing as "way diminished"....although there IS such things as a music theory "unicorn," which is a a diminshed triad of the minor scale (I THINK). Hardly ever happens, according to my music theory teacher, who shapes his hair into a pyramid...at least every day we have class! Um...hmmm..the other thing is that..well...

This homework..it is on triads. I guess I am lucky that I have some familiarity with the keyboard, otherwise, I don't know how I would pull it off, unless I had strong mathematical/strong spatial-reality orientation/solid reasoning skills. Ha ha. Yeah right! Well, I try.

Perhaps I should not make fun of myself so much. I just get lost so much. It is kind of pathetic.

Well....I have to say...people can be freaking nice. "The kindness lavished [by] strangers is more than I can explain" (Ani Difranco says [upon], I believe.)
I don't know what I should say exactly, except, yeah "Genghis Blues!"
Seriously, if any of you would like to get together and watch this film, let's do it.
It is within my power.

Something like that.

Well, on another note, being in music school is enough to make anyone wish they were a genius...and yet..please not "too touched"...not "too inpsired." It is very strange. I see people walking down the hall who I only guess have their wits less about me than I, which is a scary thought. No...not really...honestly, I empathize with these...almost too much for my own comfort and sense of sanity! Who really is sane, anyway? Any human situation is quite vulnerable to some kind of "insanity." I don't know if it makes it easier whether a culture thinks of itself in terms of the "individual" or "group." I was having such a discussion today. And I don't know...in other cultures and in other times..different states of consciousness were even considered acceptable realities. Whereas, here and now, today, they are not.

So, yes, it is a "Strange Condition"....as some (i.e., Pete Yorn) might say.

But...yeah....could still use more of the postive....life supporting...genius qualities here...thanks. :)

On the other hand.....I am just pretty darn lucky. Still want to get by and do a good job, though. I want to do my best, you know. This damn culturally ingrained sense of individuality.....so much pressure. ;) I remain grateful. I know I've got it good, and if I had any idea how good, I'd probably shut up right now, once and for all!

Well, maybe.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...