Future Anastasia, Here I Come

Posted by admin on 11/1/09

My Aunt Lucy (FSU alumni!) and Uncle Jimmy (past FSU professor) happened to be in Tallahassee during the same time that my dad and I were there!






(Statue in front of the visitor's center. Mixed feelings about this. But hey. I don't know enough.)




(One of the MUSIC SCHOOLS :) :)! )


This week's trip to Tallahassee went very well. :) I was tired but I made it! My dad was very helpful. We arrived Tuesday afternoon/evening and stayed until Thursday afternoon. I enjoyed the tours on Wednesday, and actually ran into the two people I know who go to FSU! The University is HUGE. The library (not the Music Library, the Library) has over two million volumes. WOW. Approximately 39,000 students attend FSU! WoW! That is a lot. To me. And my one-ness or me-ness (self-absorbedness?). Ha.

Not that I think about cancer all the time, but I couldn't help but compare that number to the number of people who are diagnosed with Hodgkin's per year. It is ALOT less! More like 3,000 ish. I've tried to look it up, but I have not been successsful, tonight. I know I've read it, somewhat recently, though. Ahh...I am not that experienced with numbers these days...I like them, I am just not so familiar with them ..... My skill with estimating them is very....inaccurate. Like....if someone asked me "how many people live in St. Augustine, approximately??" I would not know how to answer. More than 1,000. For Sure. More than 10,000, probably. Right?

I should look this stuff up. I tried!

My visit with Dr. Warmuth on Friday went well. My blood looked good. We're gonna keep the "port" in for a couple of scans. If things keep looking good, then we will remove it, in six months, perhaps. I have an appointment for a CT scan at Mayo on the 9th. I'll see Dr. H (radiologist) before then, and Dr. W (main oncologist) for "final blessing" in November, I believe.

I am just ready to throw myself (gently) into the next scenario and season of life. I've realized there is no point to worrying about this, I've just got to do it. The worst thing that can happen is- the cancer could come back and I'd come back home to St. Augustine for treatment. The best thing that could happen is- I'll learn tons of helpful information about music and psychology, and arts in medicine, grow as a person, be stimulated creatively, maybe even meet a hot doctor who digs me. :) Ha ha. Honestly, I forsee this upcoming time as being very creatively rich, full of that juicy wonderful stuff I love that makes me want to write, sing, explore, express, and LIVE. The fall is coming there--the trees are looking beautiful. I will probably bring Pooka. I am pretty sure I know where I want to live! These apartments we visited...my loan will cover it.



I'm excited! Future Anastasia, Here I Come!



DiD I mention, Best Friends, are the Best??





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...