(This pic is not of my lungs. I found it on Google Images. Just so you know.)
:P
(That is me sticking my tongue out).
Okay, this is how sparse the "info" is about "pulmonary toxicity" is on the internet:
When I type in "pulmonary toxicity" on "Google images" the SECOND page brings up an image of a puzzle I did that I posted on my blog during my first pulmonary toxicity experience.
THAT is crazy.
:P
(Again, I stick out my tongue).
According to what I read, at least 10% of patients who receive Bleomycin (which mostly all early-mid stage lymphoma's do, I believe) develop pulmonary toxicity, and 1-2% of those go on to develop pulmonary fibrosis and DIE.
WTF??
Why is there not more information on this??
Thanks. :P
Um...I went to my pulmonolgist today, Dr. Garland, at Mayo, in Jacksonville, Florida.
He had a CT scan taken yesterday, side by side on the computer screen with a CT scan taken in August. When he clicks on the "lung" choice..what does it look like?
I will tell you the truth.
It looks like there are lots of sperm swimming around in my lung cavities. :P
IT DOES.
But those are the normal, blood vessels. Those are cool. Supposed to be there.
What is not supposed to be there?
Cloudiness. Nope, that's not supposed to be there (VASTLY improved from July, when I was hospitalizerd, btw).
Tree-trunking white things. Nope, they're not supposed to be there.
Little white nodules at the tips of the bronchial things. Nope, them neither.
:P
Lot's of tongue-sticking-out going on tonight.
So. Thursday I will have a bronchoscopy.
Big :P.
I have had this procedure done once before, when I was in the hospital.
This enables the docs to look around, take samples, etc, etc.
It is not painful, but there are moments of un-comfortableness.
Luckily, the procedure is done under "conscious sedation."
In other words, I don't remember the last procedure.
Although, I do remember the before-hand, where I was given this stuff to inhale that numbs/paralyazes the back of your throat and more so they can stick that bronchoscopy down there without you gagging. :P While you are consciously sedated.
Lovely.
Not.
I'm feel postive about this, though, despite the title,and further sarcasm and complaining.
I think I'm fine.
The three things it could be are:
(1) Pulmonary toxicity flaring up again (this happens. I've had it happen once already. Last time it cleared up with Prednisone. This is what we would try again.)
(2) Infection (maybe...but I feel fine)
(3) Lymphoma spreading (very very very unlikely)
What I think:
I think I will probably be upped slightly on the Prednisone for a while. And everything in my lungs with calm down, the "poo-poo" will disappear (um...yuck?), and it will all be fine.
Nothing I can't deal with and keep on going!!
The path is mine and I AM PLAYING this Friday, the 13th.
And that's all I have to say about that!
:)
:P(That is me sticking my tongue out).
Okay, this is how sparse the "info" is about "pulmonary toxicity" is on the internet:
When I type in "pulmonary toxicity" on "Google images" the SECOND page brings up an image of a puzzle I did that I posted on my blog during my first pulmonary toxicity experience.
THAT is crazy.
:P
(Again, I stick out my tongue).
According to what I read, at least 10% of patients who receive Bleomycin (which mostly all early-mid stage lymphoma's do, I believe) develop pulmonary toxicity, and 1-2% of those go on to develop pulmonary fibrosis and DIE.
WTF??
Why is there not more information on this??
Thanks. :P
Um...I went to my pulmonolgist today, Dr. Garland, at Mayo, in Jacksonville, Florida.
He had a CT scan taken yesterday, side by side on the computer screen with a CT scan taken in August. When he clicks on the "lung" choice..what does it look like?
I will tell you the truth.
It looks like there are lots of sperm swimming around in my lung cavities. :P
IT DOES.
But those are the normal, blood vessels. Those are cool. Supposed to be there.
What is not supposed to be there?
Cloudiness. Nope, that's not supposed to be there (VASTLY improved from July, when I was hospitalizerd, btw).
Tree-trunking white things. Nope, they're not supposed to be there.
Little white nodules at the tips of the bronchial things. Nope, them neither.
:P
Lot's of tongue-sticking-out going on tonight.
So. Thursday I will have a bronchoscopy.
Big :P.
I have had this procedure done once before, when I was in the hospital.
This enables the docs to look around, take samples, etc, etc.
It is not painful, but there are moments of un-comfortableness.
Luckily, the procedure is done under "conscious sedation."
In other words, I don't remember the last procedure.
Although, I do remember the before-hand, where I was given this stuff to inhale that numbs/paralyazes the back of your throat and more so they can stick that bronchoscopy down there without you gagging. :P While you are consciously sedated.
Lovely.
Not.
I'm feel postive about this, though, despite the title,and further sarcasm and complaining.
I think I'm fine.
The three things it could be are:
(1) Pulmonary toxicity flaring up again (this happens. I've had it happen once already. Last time it cleared up with Prednisone. This is what we would try again.)
(2) Infection (maybe...but I feel fine)
(3) Lymphoma spreading (very very very unlikely)
What I think:
I think I will probably be upped slightly on the Prednisone for a while. And everything in my lungs with calm down, the "poo-poo" will disappear (um...yuck?), and it will all be fine.
Nothing I can't deal with and keep on going!!
The path is mine and I AM PLAYING this Friday, the 13th.
And that's all I have to say about that!
:)