Bronchoscopy

Posted by admin on 11/12/09




Great news: The bronchoscopy is done!

It went smoothly. The worst part was swallowing the lidocane stuff--SO NASTY.

I'm not exaggerating. That stuff is REALLY GROSS.

Last bronch, I don't remember having to do that- I just remember having the breathing treatment of lidocane and albuteral. This time I received the breathing treatment AND the liquid Lidocane. It is for a good cause though- it numbs up the throat and more.

Another difference from last time (last time I had a "bronch" done was at Flagler Hospital, in July), is that last time, they started the drip of conscious sedation drugs and that was it. That is all I remember. This time, they started the drip, and I felt a little woozy, but I didn't go anywhere. They kept turning it up, giving me more. Then they covered my eyes with a towel, thinking that might help. Still there, in the room with them. Still coherent.

They went ahead and did the procedure.

I was aware of swallowing the scope, and heard them doing the "wash," in the left lower lobe of my lung. And was aware when they pulled out the scope and were finished.

I am glad I had the drugs, even though I was aware of what was going on.

I felt super nervous before they gave me the drugs. The drugs made it all seem okay.

Anyway, the sample they got with the "wash" should show whether there is an infection present or not. We will hear the results either Monday or Tuesday.
Pooka is fast asleep, curled up against my arm. I love that she is such a cuddler!

Well tomorrow I am planning on playing at Scarlett O' Hara's for Happy Hour, 4-8.

Tonight I took a darvocet for my sore throat (from the bronch). It REALLY helped.

I think I will be fine tomorrow.

I am looking forward to the gig!

Sleeping time now.
Good night, people of the world. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...