I'm Eating Summer Sausage...What is Wrong With Me?

Posted by admin on 11/15/09

Ha ha. I am just saying that because I "don't usually eat meat," ESPECIALLY red meat. I haven't had a real burger in over ten years. Lately, though, I don't know...I have been eating meat here and there. I had bacon on potato skins at Scarlett's the other night...it just isn't like me...but it tasted good! And I just don't feel that it is going to make a huge difference...whether I do or don't indulge.
Today I saw Petronel Malan play today at the Flagler Auditorium.
She is SO talented. Her performance was just amazing. I have no idea how she remembers all of the subtleties within all of the movements within all of the pieces she plays! It was all by memory! My piano teacher, Betty Anne, says "repitition." Still!
I am grateful that I went to the concert today. It was both inspiring and discouraging, ha ha.
It's like....well there is 99.9 % chance I will never play like that (especially since I am already thinking that!)...on the other hand, hey,...practice makes perfect. :P
I haven't touched the piano or keyboard in months! I don't know what's up with that.
It's like the longer I go without practicing, the less likely it is that I will practice at all.
My music was lost for a while, but it is found now, so I really have no excuse. Tomorrow is a new day!
Well....I feel as though I have been pretty lazy lately, though, I admit, this week was a strange week. I had the CT scan on Monday, then the visit with Dr. Garland on Tuesday. Then a bronchoscopy on Thursday. Then a gig on Friday. Saturday I took it easy, today I went to the concert. So it has been a laid back weekend.
I did speak with Dr. G on Saturday morning, to let him now I was having some trouble/anxiety with my breathing and to ask him if I should go ahead and up the Prednisone dose to 2o mg per day, as he said we probably would since my lungs show some funny stuff. He told me (well he told my mom this part...it was back and forth...I actually accidentally hung up on him once, as I am not used to using my mom's home phone...my chin hit the "hang up" button...oops) that the tests they did on Thursday (a "wash" of the lower left lobe for infection) came out negative. So he was going to up my dose of Prednisone anyway, since it looks like it is the pulmonary toxicity acting up again. So I started the higher dose yesterday.
I have been a little nervous lately...ugh stupid scans.
I am hyper aware of my breathing and that sometimes makes it hard to fall asleep, as my breathing does get pretty shallow as I drift off.
There is nothing I can do about it really! Except keep up with the docs and make sure they remember me ( I honestly get the feeling that Dr.G. does not always reamember my case and who I am. I am sure he is very busy, but it's a little disconcerting. He forgot to call my prescription in on Saturday. Luckily, we have enough extra Prednisone.)
Oh the joys.
:P
LOVE.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...