I did go.......:-)

Posted by admin on 6/28/10

Just wanted to add onto the previous post, I did go for my zapping session today - 9 more to go now.

Had a chat with the Radiotherapy staff before the treatment and they said that it's important to hold onto the small things, like NOW I'm in 'single figures' with remaining sessions - until 4pm today it was still double figures :-)

She also said that they do know it can be extremely painful for some people, they do really feel bad when they know a patient is in constant discomfort but it's for your own good :-) That made me smile.

She asked me to visualise the tumour during the remaining sessions and imagine it reducing in size each time - whether it DOES reduce or not is not the issue, it's the mental state of mind imagining that it will.

She was a sweetie actually and made me feel a little better about things.

So, I'm back on track - 9 more to go then I'll be able to relax and repair. I truly didn't know that Radiotherapy could hurt so much though, I thought it was just like having an x-ray with few or nil symptoms - I've learned so much since my diagnosis.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...