Hope you are all well!
Been thinking quite a bit in general. But more specifically about finding a balance. In several areas. Assertive Ambitiousness vs. Petty Competiveness; Self-centered vs. Selfish; Engaged vs. Neurotic. In one sentence, how does one fully engage with life and not get sucked up into illusions of ego? How does one not get tricked into being unhappy?
Each door we go through the same trap is there, again and again. At least I can speak for me. This seems to be the case for myself.
My tendency is to end up on opposite ends of the spectrum, either I care too much, or don't care enough; I try too hard, or I don't try hard enough; and so on.
I want to be happy. I want to have fun. I want to make the world a better place. But I get so stuck in my head. Sometimes.
The answer is not escape that cage of over-thinking through over-indulgence. The answer is not to sleep through it.
Well what is the answer? Guts. I am thinking that the answer is guts. Wake up and face the situations that call for a middle path. Go and do the thing, face the person, be in that moment that makes you feel uncomfortable. Don't give yourself a hard time for not being "perfect;" that is just another trap. Your feelings are normal. Part of being human is tension. You don't always have to like it, but you should keep doing it. Because you are alive. Grow through it. See it. Follow through. And try to be kind. Others just might be going through exactly the same tension. You cannot know their inner struggle or lack thereof. Being kind can't hurt though.
